Leidos Front End Software Developer in Reston, Virginia
Leidos Mission Solutions Group is seeking an expert Front End Software Developer to develop the user interface for applications that support corporate services, legacy mission services, and cloud-based analytic services. Responsible for employing agile development processes and operating in a cloud environment.
• Use established agile processes and tools to capture themes, epics/capabilities, user stories, features, and tasks.
• Perform requirements analysis and proof of concept or prototyping as needed for engineering and design of IT applications destined for the cloud.
• Support applications in O&M status by providing enhancements and bug fixes as needed.
• BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical disciple and 12 years relevant experience or experience may be substituted for degree.
• Ability to develop, test, implement and maintain front end applications
• Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS); ability to design, develop, and maintain applications within the cloud environment
• Understands concepts such as callbacks, AJAX, asynchronous programming, and promises
• Be familiar with a code framework such as React (ideal) or Angular
• Have a working knowledge of layout frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation
• Have a solid command of HTML5, CSS3, and JSON
• Development will involve negotiating interfaces with the back-end developers, performing REST calls and rendering data structures.
• Good communication skills are a must; additionally it is expected that documentation will be done in Confluence (with other developers as the target audience).
• Knowledge of lifecycle process for software development, web applications, and system implementation
• Agile development using SAFe framework
• Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills Desired Skills
• Ability to work in dynamic and challenging environments
• JSX is a plus
Clearance: Active TS/SCI with Poly
Location: Reston, VA
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.